Friday, January 22, 2010

Happy Mother's Day!

To Me!

Now, I know you are all thinking, "Wow, Tina has really lost her mind. Doesn't she realize it is January?"

Yes, I do know that it is January. The thick winter coats and the bruises on my backside from slipping on the ice are frequent reminders.

But my lovely children gave to me, the best present a mother could ask for. I had a certain shot in my head and told the kids that I wanted 1 shot. Of course the big kids moaned and groaned. Craig even told me, "Alright, you get 1 shot, that is it." I explained to him that in order to get this 1 shot I may have to click the shutter more than once but I wouldn't make them change positions, backgrounds, etc...

After promises of a movie and some goldfish snacks, my children gave me this:



A mother's dream. A photo of all of my children looking lovely.

I love everything about it. I love CJ's somber, soulful look, as this is what he usually gives me. It defines "him". I love Craig's crooked little smile that reminds me of the day when he was 3 and we had to go to the ER twice in the same day for stitches to his lip. Gabi's beautiful gaze which opens my eyes to how quickly time goes by and what a gorgeous little lady she is turning into. Then Gianna's chubby baby-ness, her deep brown eyes that are duplicates of CJ's, her crazy untamable hair, and her sweet face that looks so much like her big sister's did when she was a baby.

"Well being a photographer, I'm sure your home is filled with beautiful images of your children"

Unfortunately, not true. Ever heard of the shoemakers kids? My kids are so sick of my camera that they run and hide whenever I pull it out. Gianna is the only one who can't run yet, but she is getting really fast at crawling.

Just to show you that my babies aren't always perfect angels, here are some outtakes:

Testing lighting:





"Craig, please don't strangle your brother"


After the above picture, its no suprise that CJ was trying to get away



Well, at least 3 of the 4 are looking at me.



This was the last picture. Gianna had eaten right before we started. Gabi was bouncing her on her knee, trying to make her happy, and possibly squeezing her a little too tight.




So how many shutter clicks did it take to get that 1 special picture?

12

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's awesome!! Your kids are so gorgeous!! I can't believe how big Gianna is getting, I remember her newborn pictures and it doesn't seem that long ago!

Katie V said...

These are so beautiful! Definitely the best gift! Love you guys!

Janice said...

OMG, I am cracking up at the last one! I'm still laughing b/c I know exactly how you feel and I only have two kids! Thanks for the laugh and the reminder that all us photographers go through this with our own kids!!

melissa said...

LOVE the photo and the post!!! Now... I just have one question... can you come over and take a picture of my four kids?? :)

Jill Hardy said...

hahahhham that last one is PRICELESS!!! great job!

Anonymous said...

Love it!!! :) ur kids are darling!!!!!

~amber

Anna said...

12? that's all, lol! I am sure it would have taken me many more to get THE ONE of my kids. I LOVE LOVE "the one" it's perfect! and the outtakes are great too!

KDB Photography said...

tina I love that picture and like you my kids run as fast as they can when I get the camera out. You have beautiful children!!

Gabensysmom said...

LOLOL! These are awesome, Tina! Still LOVE the image you did get, and the conversion is perfect :)

Laurie Sachs Photography said...

Absolutely fantastic!!!!!! I think 12 shutter clicks is pretty amazing. I hope you are printing that nice and big.

Anonymous said...

Too Funny- I love it.
Shannon