Wednesday, May 13, 2009

For one of the strongest women I know...

As some of you know, my sister-in-law was diagnosed with Hodgkin's Lymphoma in March. While we celebrated the birth of our youngest child we were also gripped with fear at the thought of someone we love so much having cancer.

She has started chemo and I am happy to report that she is so strong and is doing very well. A couple weeks after starting chemo treatments, we had my youngest son's birthday party. Mari had decided to shave her head. She was taking a stand and was not going to let the cancer and chemo dictate when her hair fell out.

My sister, Jennifer, was there with her clippers and off it came. It was a very moving and emotional time. These pictures may produce a feeling of sadness (and there was some) but mostly I felt so proud of my little sis for being so strong and taking control.

I have to say, I think she is the most beautiful bald woman I have ever seen. I am not sure if she should ever grow her hair back out :)

I love you Mari!